IN THE NAME OF OPIUM
AFG 2010 · Feature film · 10 min.
Director Jalal Hussaini
Language without dialogue
Drugs destroy every life around them.
Yasin, Mohammad Adalat, Ghafar, Abdolah, Fatima Hussaini, Narges Fazili, Hassan Fazili, Amene Taghavi, Ghorbanali Masjedi
Director of Photography
Murteza shahid, Noor Hussainian
Jump Cut Cinematic Group
Jalal Hussaini did film and cinema studies at the university of Kabul. His first short film ANGELS OF EARTH won him many awards around the country. His works are chosen for festivals all over the world, also for the Berlinale Talent Campus in 2011. In 2018 OUTPOST won the award for Best Short Film at the WaLa International Filmfestival.
- 2019 The Spy (Short) Writer/Director
- 2014 ZwischenWelten (feature film) 143 min, Light Department (Berlinale Compition)
- 2013 Not At Home (feature film) 65 min, Cinematographer (International Film Festival Rotterdam)
- 2014 Amir and Sara (short film) 12 min, Writer/Director (Locarno Film Festival – Clermont Film Festival)
- 2012 The Outpost (short film) 30 min, Writer/Director (Busan Film Festival, Mumbai Film Festival)
- 2010 In The Name of Opium (Short) 12 min, (Sapporo Short Fest 2012 – Berlinale Talent campus)